Mid-level Software Developer
Hours: Full-time, flexible
Motion 12 are a Leeds based digital agency of designers, developers and animators, creating immersive digital experiences. We utilise the latest technologies to build a range of scalable applications. We are looking for a full-time midweight software developer with a minimum of 2 years commercial web development experience to join our growing team in our Leeds based office.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role within a growing agency as we expand our client service team. You will be working alongside the creative & development team to deliver engaging digital experiences for our clients.
There is a wide variety of digital projects for you to be involved with, ranging from application development, creative & strategy through to animation and 3D interactive experiences.
Our ideal candidate will display a willingness to learn new skills and technologies and to help spread these ideas amongst the development team. You will have the opportunity to take a leadership approach in the role of suggesting and building new tools to help improve those we already have.
Being a good problem solver with a high level of attention to detail are strong assets for this role. We’re looking for people with a good long term vision and the skills to implement them.
- Working on new custom development solutions in a variety of tech stacks.
- Work with a multitude of off the shelf CMS & eCommerce solutions to build bespoke customer solutions such as Craft CMS, Prismic & Sanity.
- Ensure that each project prioritises the user experience over the easiest programming route.
- Troubleshoot and support any server issues that arise in conjunction with a development solution.
- Stay on top of new technology and techniques to ensure we stay current and relevant.
Skills we would like you to have:
- Ability to work and manipulate MySQL databases
- Experience working with MVC frameworks including but not limited to Laravel & Nest.js
- Familiarity with different types of API implementations, REST & GraphQL
- Use of frontend libraries such as React/Next.js, Tailwind & Vue.js
- Ability to test and troubleshoot bugs and errors efficiently.
- Well organised and comfortable working within a fast-paced environment
- Self-sufficient & motivated to see projects through to the end
- A good communicator who is keen to educate fellow team members.
- Commercially aware of client requirements
- Ability to write effective tests using JEST, PEST etc.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Ability to hand-code across languages using a multitude of tools.
- A small friendly team
- Work from home opportunities
- Duvet days
- Holiday choice for your birthday
- Flexible working hours
- New Macbook Pro
- x2 4K monitors
- Opportunity to grow and develop new skills
- Work events & social activities
Technologies we work with: Proficiency with HTML, HTML5, React/Next.js, WebGL, PHP, Node, CSS3, Nest.js, Tailwind & SASS.
Please don’t be put off if you do not meet all of the criteria above. We have an experienced team that are here to help you learn.